Casting Call for Short Film “Fortune Cookies” [Huntsville, AL] #casting
Posted July 16, 2018
PLOT SUMMARY: A dry comedy centered on the Douglas Family as they have dinner together on the eve of a family wedding.
TITLE: Fortune Cookies
TYPE: Independent Film
CATEGORY: Short Film
UNION STATUS: Non-Union
DISTRIBUTION: Film Festivals
COMPANY: Sheepshed Entertainment
DIRECTOR: Ethan Mitchell
PRODUCER: Katherine Johnson
PRODUCTION DATE & LOCATION
DATE: September 15-16 (2018)
LOCATION: Huntsville, AL
– NARRATOR [Male, 25-45]: Lead. As dry as a desert and as stoic as a statue, the Narrator tells the story with composure and the slightest hint of humor.
– SUSAN DOUGLAS [Female, 18-25]: Lead. On the eve of her wedding, Susan, the youngest of the Douglas children, is angry and upset about a recent revelation.
– GREG DOUGLAS [Male, 20-25]: Lead. The middle child of the Douglas family, Greg is a passionate young man, though it often leads him into trouble. NOTE: Must be able to dance, waltzing specifically.
– JILL DOUGLAS [Female, 22-30]: Lead. The eldest Douglas child, Jill is the quiet one and often finds herself sitting in the shadow of her siblings.
– JIM DOUGLAS [Male, 40-60]: Supporting. The patriarch of the Douglas family, Jim is a quiet family man who wants nothing more than to spend as much time as he can with his children.
– CHARLOTTE DOUGLAS [Female, 40-60]: Supporting. The matriarch of the Douglas family, Charlotte is always one to speak her mind and never minds having to set her children straight.
– GRACE [Female, 18-25]: Supporting. The lifelong best friend of Susan, Grace finds herself in a precarious position as she starts to develop feelings for someone she knows Susan wouldn’t approve of. NOTE: Must be able to dance, waltzing specifically.
– BILL [Male, 20-30]: Supporting. Susan’s fiancé and all around great guy, Bill hopes his soon to be wife won’t be too distressed over certain recent family developments.
OTHER: Film Credit, Copy of Film, Meals, Snacks/Beverages
NOTES: Lodging will be available for non-local talent.
SUBMISSIONS DUE BY: August 6, 2018
SEND EMAIL TO: email@example.com
INCLUDE: Headshot, Resume, Regular photo okay, Reel link
NOTES: Sides will be emailed to those auditioning.