Casting and Location Call for Web Series “Happy Normal People” [Grand Rapids, MI] #casting #locationcall
Posted September 11, 2014
PROJECT TITLE: Happy Normal People
DISTRIBUTION: Public access
SHOOTING SCHEDULE: Shooting schedule will be made once casting has been completed
SHOOTING LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI area
Casting call for first season comedy-drama web series. Revolving around seven main characters, the ten episode first season focuses on the gritty and real life situations they encounter. Episodes will range between 3 – 8 minutes.
CASTING THESE ROLES:
– MALE 1: Main role – mid 20s to mid 30s. Bisexual, bearded, very easy-going, light-hearted, enjoys the company of his friends. In a relationship with Female 1.
– FEMALE 1: Main role – mid 20s to mid 30s. Gentle natured, and knows what she wants but tends to let others decide for her. She’s honest to a fault and wants what’s best for everyone in her close circle of friends. Sisters with Female 3, in a relationship with Male 1.
– MALE 2: Main role – mid 20s to late 30s. The voice of reason in the group. His smile is contagious. Very loving and laid back. Ready to take on the world. Married to Female 2.
– FEMALE 2: Main role – mid 20s to late 30s. Loving towards her husband (Male 2) but likes to get out with her girl friends. Sociable, can keep the conversation going. Likes to make people laugh.
– FEMALE 3: Main role – Mid 20s to mid 30s. Lesbian. Just came out. Unsure of where her new life is taking her. Introverted, but comfortable around her group of friends. Close with her Sister (Female 1).
– MALE 3: Main role – mid 20s – 30s. Gay, bearded, adorable. A little shy, but goes for what he wants. Newest member to the group. Dating Male 4 (already cast).
– PARKER: Guest spot in episode 9 – mid 20s to late 30s. Female 3’s ex.
A portion of filming will be outside in a backyard for a bonfire. The show is dependent on the cast because we would have to be allowed to shoot inside their own home. Shoots will mostly be in the living room/kitchen areas, but some scenes involve the bedroom and/or bathroom.
OTHER COMPENSATION: Film credit
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMISSIONS TO INCLUDE: Headshot, Resume, Snapshot okay, Demo reel link
If any of the characters sound appealing to you or you know someone who would be interested, please pass along the information. The website is http://happynormalpeople.wordpress.com.